Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Orientation

We had our Orientation in a hotel near Narita for about 3-4 days, plus the orientation is the US the night before we left, for a total of 5 days. (If you count the days we actually had orientation (otherwise we were traveling) it was 3 days).

We were split into 3 groups, Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka, I was Osaka. The Tokyo group went to Tokyo for their orientation, and Osaka and Nagoya stayed in Chiba. Narita airport is in Chiba prefecture, but I think many people think that it is in Tokyo.

I mostly hung out with some of the US kids, but I also met a really cool girl from Australia as well some other people from different countries.
Even though we only knew each other for a short time, we became really good friends! It probably has to do with being together 24/7 and having a lot of the same interests. We all act really similar too, so it was a lot of fun!

The Japanese student volunteers taught us about Japanese life and what to do, what not to do, etc etc. The whole orientation was in English though.

I will make a vlog about the orientation soon!

I arrived in Miyazaki yesterday, it's really humid, and I feel tired early and wake up early because I'm not used to the time difference yet, but only by a couple hours. I can't sleep properly quite yet (it takes me a while to fall asleep and I wake up at random times sometimes) but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon!

Today I'm going to visit my school with my LP and they will give me my uniform and info, etc.

I will talk about my host family and Miyazaki in a later post! This one is getting long!

byebye☆

No comments:

Post a Comment